Saturday, June 26, 2010

Korean war baby



Yesterday, June 25th, 2010 marked the 60th anniversary of the Korean war. May the millions of civilians and soldiers who lost their lives, rest in peace. This time of year also marks the 60th anniversary of Fulbright. Birthday, Fulbright, Korean war...is there anything else that I can add to the emotional mix? Only time will tell over the course of the next few days. So, let's keep it "light" for now. After the conclusion of business yesterday, today was my first opportunity to spend some quality time in Seoul. I ate rice cake at a famous location in town (my friend will have to remind me of the name later), I walked along the Han river, I did some window shopping in "foreigners central" :-), watched a mini-talent contest, ate dinner at Uno's (very Korean, I know), and spent some quality time trying to understand the subway, especially in areas where there was more Hangul and limited English. More importantly, I was able to observe Red Fever, round #2. In the knockout rounds, Korea takes on Uruguay tonight at 11:30pm. The streets, mall and subway were already flooded with people in their Red Devils gear. Good times, good times. I think I need to go dig my light-up Devil horns that are buried in my suitcase. Good morning all!

2 comments:

PhatJo said...

Just love it that the Red Devils is a darling of many in Korea!

RB said...

Yes indeedy!

Post a Comment